Progress Update

2:01 PM Emily Reginalds 0 Comments

I haven't posted anything for a while, so I thought I'd do a progress update! There's not a lot I can do right now on my main projects, apart from source fabrics and work on the embroidery for Leia, so I've started Sansa's season six dress!
It's a quick project that requires minimal effort, but I'm very excited about it! The only set back I've had is the fabric, which is definitely the wrong colour. I rushed into buying it during a Spotlight sale, armed with only a few promotional photos and screencaps from the show. I'm assured by friends that the blue looks better than the green actually used, but it's something that's really going to bug me! Oh well.

I also got started on the direwolf embroidery for the costume last night! I'm using tear away stabilizer for the first time, it's very exciting. I want to get this piece as accurate as possible, however hard that may be. It's just such a stunning piece in a show filled with costumes that inspire me. 
My fabric for the top layer of my Cinderella skirt arrived! It's a cationic chiffon from ebay. It's a different colour from every angle, exactly like the fabric used in the film. I can't wait to get started on this project! 

My new hoop skirt also arrived last week! It's as big as my tiny bedroom, I have nooo idea how I'm going to make my way around a convention in this thing. I've taken the netting off the skirt since taking these photos, so it's a little different! I'll hopefully be able to use this for Cinderella and my two new Claire gowns!




0 comments: