Mother's Day Embroidery

7:04 PM Emily Reginalds 0 Comments

Hello, hello, hello! Guess who's finally made a proper blog! I had an account on tumblr for my creations under the pseudonym Emily Reginalds, but I felt it was unprofessional and I wanted to share a blog with potential customers and followers that I could be proud of.

I have to give some credit to the lovely and ridiculously talented Louise over at dearteaswirls - she recently returned to blogging and seeing her posts again gave me that little push I needed to finally create this blog.

I wanted to do an embroidered piece for Nan on Mother's Day. She's just the loveliest person I've ever met who accepted me as a grandchild almost instantly. I also wanted to stretch my embroidery muscles, so to speak, as my next project features A LOT of embroidery.









While searching for potential designs for Nan's gift, I found another gorgeous floral design with the text 'Home is where your mum is' and I knew I had to do one for mum as well. I already knew all the typical embroidery stitches, but for these projects I wanted to try some new things.


These were floral embroidery pieces, after all. I couldn't just lazy daisy and back stitch my way through them. I had the most fun making the roses. They look like so much effort went into them, but the opposite is true. You can find a tutorial for the roses here.









Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there!

0 comments: