To Boldly Embroider Where No One Has Embroidered Before

4:49 PM Emily Reginalds 0 Comments


I started my Bespin cloak embroidery the other night! What I'm using here is something called a shadow stitch. It's not very even, but I'm still learning. Here's a video tutorial on how to do it. 
I've put the cloak fabric and all my embroidery supplies in a cat tote bag, so I can work on it when I'm out, but I think I'll get most of it done each night while watching Star Trek!
Speaking of Star Trek - the 50th anniversary is coming up later this year! And, although there doesn't seem to be any events happening in Melbourne, I am hoping to make a uniform to celebrate.

I've already started research on the fabric. Apparently it's a cotton velour, which is a velvety kind of fabric. Fingers crossed it's stocked somewhere in Melbourne so I don't have to pay for shipping!
Update: I typed up this post last night and saved it to my drafts to post today, but I just wanted to add this progress photo of the embroidery! Working hard!~




0 comments: